[SQLServer] Adding database stuck since 3 days

Julien LHEUREUX

Mar 23, 2020, 9:27:31 AM3/23/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello all,

I am experiencing an issue with creating a new database : i have a CI pipeline which delete and create a database on my sqlserver instance every day.
Since 3 days, a task is running, and when i go to my instance summary, i can read this : "Adding database. This may take a few minutes. While this operation is running, you may continue to view information about the instance. "
I can't stop the task, and i can't do anything on the instance either with the console or with the SDK CLI.

I would like to stop the task, and be able to create a new one. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Julien LHEUREUX

Mar 23, 2020, 11:16:34 AM3/23/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Here is the message for GCloud SDK CLI :

HTTPError 409: Operation failed because another operation was already in progress

David (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 23, 2020, 2:04:10 PM3/23/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Cloud SQL instances are constantly being monitored so issues like this one should be resolved within a few hours. However, if your Cloud SQL instance is still stuck:

File a support ticket if you have or are able to get a Google Cloud Platform Support package (this would be the fastest way to get this issue resolved).

If you do not have a support package, try opening a private Issue Tracker describing the problem, remembering to include all the relevant details such as project ID and instance name.

Julien LHEUREUX

Mar 25, 2020, 2:23:27 AM3/25/20
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks

Issue resolved by Google staff after opening a private issue tracker