suddenly can't query - think my indexes aren't being used

Nick Pomfret

Sep 5, 2019, 9:27:23 AM9/5/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I understand there was a cloudsql outage yesterday (4th September 2019).  Today my cloud sql Postgres db is unresponsive.  Queries that yesterday responded in under a second are now taking 25mins+.  I think that writes are working ok (although it's difficult to check because querying for new records is so slow).  Is there still a problem?

Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 5, 2019, 11:28:26 AM9/5/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Nick,

The incident related to Cloud SQL that was reported yesterday(September 4th,2019) is set to have been resolved for all affected instances.

I would suggest in this case, to check the number of connections to your instance as this could possibly have an effect on the latency as well as resource usage such as CPU.

If that is not the case, I would suggest to open a new private issue on Public Issue Tracker page, and provide the project ID as well as the instance name, as this issue may require to be further investigated.