Server down, stuck in backup? HELP

Graphics Geeks

Jan 28, 2016, 4:39:11 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
My SQL instance master server is down and seems to be stuck in backup.

It's been down at least half an hour HELP!!! What do I do???

Is my database lost??

Graphics Geeks

Jan 28, 2016, 4:42:36 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
PLEASE HELP - IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED BACKUP AT 4AM AND IT'S 10AM NOW!!!!!

Graphics Geeks

Jan 28, 2016, 4:43:54 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
JUST CHECKED MY PHP SERVER - SQL HAS BEEN DOWN SINCE 3AM!!!

Graphics Geeks

Jan 28, 2016, 5:19:44 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Ok, thankfully I had a replica server running that I could recover my data from.

In total I lost 9 hours of server uptime while I was asleep.

This has damaged my reputation and I'm extremely unhappy about this.

Google described this as a beta so I knew there would be some downtime. But not fatal errors that could have lost my entire database.

This was only my second day with Second Generation and I experienced 2 huge problems. There should be warning labels all over this thing.

WARNING - UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT - RISK OF DATABASE LOSS

I'm now downgraded to first generation. I pray it's more stable.

Graphics Geeks

Jan 28, 2016, 9:10:18 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I've left the server alive for now in case anyone from Google wants to inspect it to find out what happened.

It's still backing up.....12 hours later.....

Herman Tai

Jan 28, 2016, 10:36:35 AM1/28/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Can you send an email to clou...@google.com with your instance name and reference to this post? Thanks.