Getting charged for the free micro-f1 CPU

Felipe Ferraz

Feb 11, 2019, 9:49:33 AM2/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm struggling to use the "Always free tier" from gcloud.

I have a simple Angular + nodejs in development website and somehow I'm paying for it.

As you can see in the screenshot I was charged R$ 2.23 for 1 day of CPU usage for SQL, why is that? should it not be free? Funny thing is that I didn't even work feb 9th, since it was saturday.

I'm really confused about Google's billing, any help would be greating appreciated.

ps.: I made sure to select us-east-1.
billing-micro-f1.PNG

Pavel Ivanov

Feb 11, 2019, 4:34:09 PM2/11/19
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Note that one f1-micro instance is free on Compute Engine, it's not
free on Cloud SQL. See https://cloud.google.com/sql/pricing.

Pavel

Felipe Ferraz

Feb 11, 2019, 8:26:11 PM2/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thank you for the clarification.

Now I just have to figure out why my nodejs application is using so much PD HDD data, as you can see in the screenshot it used 0.714 GB, but as of now, just 12 hours later, it is already at 1.017 GB... It's just a small website I didn't even access it after that time.

Any ideas?

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:49 AM Felipe Ferraz <felipe....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm struggling to use the "Always free tier" from gcloud.
>
> I have a simple Angular + nodejs in development website and somehow I'm paying for it.
>
> As you can see in the screenshot I was charged R$ 2.23 for 1 day of CPU usage for SQL, why is that? should it not be free? Funny thing is that I didn't even work feb 9th, since it was saturday.
>
> I'm really confused about Google's billing, any help would be greating appreciated.
>
> ps.: I made sure to select us-east-1.

Nicolas (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 25, 2019, 11:05:41 PM2/25/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi Felipe,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your node.js application, however as this group is intended for general discussion regarding Cloud SQL and not for specific technical issue’s troubleshooting I you would have better assistance from another channel. I would recommend taking a look at recommend that you post your question on StackOverflow as described in this article.

This will allow you to have access to a large community of enthusiasts and experts to share ideas with and get support from. Please make sure to include all relevant details which would help the community troubleshoot.