SQL Instance stuck on restarting

Laurens Verspeek

Nov 25, 2016, 1:26:56 PM11/25/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Our production SQL instance (2nd generation) is stuck on restarting for a few hours. We can't access the backups or do anything else with the instance. Can someone help me fix this critical issue?

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 26, 2016, 5:20:07 PM11/26/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I see from a recent support interaction that the instance had recovered. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you experience further issues.

Shaharia Azam

Mar 10, 2017, 11:34:21 AM3/10/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
@Adam, I am also facing the same problem. My SQL instances stuck in restarting. Can't do anything from gcloud command or console. Is there anything you can do?

Bulama Yusuf

Mar 15, 2017, 1:38:33 PM3/15/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hello Adam,

I tried connecting to my cloud sql instance and it refused to connect. I stopped it and it refused to start when I asked it to start. The I tried to restart and it has been stuck in restart ever since.

PROJECT ID: ra-climate-change
CLOUD SQL INSTANCE ID: ra-cc-data

As expected with data, this is a very critical situation.

Thanks in advance.

Bulama.