postgres instance don't start

Willy Kouagnia

Jul 10, 2019, 2:53:01 PM7/10/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I am new to using GCD. I would like to create an instance of SQL Postgres. For that, I created a project then I went to create the postgresSQL instance of the database in the cloud service.
Unfortunately, when I clicked the "Create PostgreSQL Instance" button, I received the following message:
"Waiting for the Compute Engine API to start can take a minute." We need to use this API to create your PostgreSQL instance.". This message remains and my instance has never been created.

I do not understand what's going on, what can you help me?

thanks

Julie (cloud platform support)

Jul 10, 2019, 5:44:32 PM7/10/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Are you still experiencing the issue? I have not found any clear resolutions for that error but as a precaution please confirm if you are creating an instance with these steps. If so please post a screenshot of the Stackdriver logs that resulted from the instance creation attempt if any are visible as that should provide more details. Please ensure all sensitive or personal information such as project ids, passwords, email addresses and credit card information are removed prior to posting.

Willy Kouagnia

Jul 11, 2019, 9:01:20 AM7/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
hi julie.
yes, I go through the steps that are indicated. But I can not go to step 4. As soon as I select postgresSQL, the message I gave you in the previous message is displayed and then nothing else.

Julie (cloud platform support)

Jul 11, 2019, 11:27:05 AM7/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
In that case I suggest using the gcloud command below with a verbosity flag as it may provide a more specific errors and post a screenshot of the Stackdriver logs that resulted from the instance creation attempt if any are visible as that should provide more details.

gcloud sql instances create [INSTANCE_NAME] --database-version=POSTGRES_9_6 --cpu=[NUMBER_CPUS] --memory=[MEMORY_SIZE] --verbosity=debug

Willy Kouagnia

Jul 11, 2019, 12:42:12 PM7/11/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
hi july,
my logs is empty

Screenshot_2019-07-11 Visionneuse de journaux - SSA - Shopify App - Google Cloud Platform copie.png

Julie (cloud platform support)

Jul 12, 2019, 10:48:55 AM7/12/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks for your reply. As mentioned please use the gcloud command below with a verbosity flag as it may provide a more specific errors. Here are more detailed on the gcloud tool.

Willy Kouagnia

Jul 12, 2019, 11:23:11 AM7/12/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
thanks julie, it worked!