ERROR 2013 can't connect

Dimitri Abrams

Sep 4, 2016, 5:38:27 PM9/4/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I am getting an error when trying to connect to my first generation MySQL db via Cloud Shell.

In Cloud Shell I enter the command:
gcloud beta sql connect <my-assigned-id> --user=root

and get
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0

I am still able to read/write via my App Engine app but I cannot access the command line to create/alter tables.

I have tried restarting the instance and I have waited several hours so it's not a transient issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lekooa Dev

Sep 8, 2016, 12:55:42 PM9/8/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Dimitri,

Do you add your (external) IP address to the "Authorized networks"? (steps here)