SSL connection error: unknown error number

Alesandro de Lima

Mar 28, 2017, 9:10:20 AM3/28/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Yesterday i was able to connect to my cloud sql just fine. Today something changed, i keep getting an error saying failed to connect, ssl connection error: unknown error number.

I am trying to connect using mySQL workbench. I tried to create a new sql instance as well, i get the same error. What has recently changed? IP's are fine and username and password is correct.

If i bring the instance down it takes a while to get an error message, however once it is up it is giving me this error immediately. I know it is reaching the instance.

Any thoughts?

Darby M

Apr 4, 2017, 9:14:06 AM4/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm getting the same bug as of tonight.

Workbench Version 6.3.6.

I did notice that google did an Update to the Database at 5:23 tonight.

Marinus Krommenhoek

Apr 4, 2017, 9:14:07 AM4/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
As an update, this issue is also on Stack Exchange where some speculate the issue is with the version of MySQL Work bench 6.3.6. Alternative applications or a different version of Work bench could be tried. see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43197399/ssl-connection-error-unknown-error-number . In my particular case my app has been able to still connect.

Marinus Krommenhoek

Apr 4, 2017, 9:14:07 AM4/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Your not the only one, I had a server crash on the 31 March at 21:30 (my local time) after recovery it looked like my user tables had default entries and therefore I could no longer log in remotely (at least that is what I thought). To check I created a second instance and tried my settings as before, however I get exactly the same error you get. This issue is becoming critical.

Darby M

Apr 4, 2017, 12:39:19 PM4/4/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Good find... Thats my post there too.

 :)

And yes, "Speculate" is the right word I think.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Marinus Krommenhoek

Apr 5, 2017, 9:44:49 AM4/5/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

I contacted Oracle MySQL and their engineering team informed me that moving to Work Bench 6.3.9 is the required fix