There are any plans to support MySQL 5.7?

Eric Smon

Mar 13, 2016, 1:19:42 PM3/13/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I really need it for JSON

Is it possible per instance-id?

Amazon already have it.

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 14, 2016, 4:59:52 PM3/14/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Eric,

As mentioned recently on another post, please know we're currently working on it but cannot provide you with an exact timeline as it takes time to deploy a new version. I suggest you add a 'star' to the original feature request as a vote for the issue and to receive automatic updates.

Cheers!

Ian

May 11, 2016, 8:51:23 PM5/11/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Zeehad,

Has JSON support been added to Cloudsql in the meantime?

If not, do you have a rough ETA? ;-)

Thanks,
Ian

Tony Tseng

May 19, 2016, 4:49:11 PM5/19/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Ian,
MySQL 5.7 is available now on Second Generation: https://cloud.google.com/sql/faq#about_1
You can create a 5.7 instance today. On the instance creation page, click on "Advanced options", and you should see a drop down box for database version.

Amina

May 22, 2016, 4:42:55 AM5/22/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thank you very much for supporting mysql 5.7

1. I saw that I cannot change existing instance from 5.6 to 5.7, even if I stop the instance before editing: (the option is disabled)
2. I try to create a 5.7 replicate of 5.6, and it is not works. The version is disabled.

Do you have any recommendation how to migrate an 5.6 Cloud SQL instance to 5.7? I didn't found any way?

I know I can export (dump) the data to cloud storage and import to 5.7, but I will miss any operation that happened between the import and export.

Do you have any recommendation?

Brett Hesterberg

May 24, 2016, 4:23:26 PM5/24/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Amina,

Cloud SQL does not automatically upgrade between major MySQL versions.  The steps for migrating an instance from MySQL 5.6 to 5.7 involve exporting data from the MySQL 5.6 instance and importing that data into the 5.7 instance.  Sample migration steps can be found in our documentation.