Update to MySQL 5.7.22

Robert Herhold

Jun 28, 2018, 9:11:00 AM6/28/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I need to use a feature that was released in MySQL 5.7.22 (released 4/19/18), but my Cloud SQL instance is on version 5.7.14. When are updates to Cloud SQL typically released, and when can I expect to be able to update to 5.7.22?

Thanks

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

Jun 29, 2018, 10:43:12 AM6/29/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Robert,

Fortunately, I don't have an ETA when Cloud SQL version 5.7.22 will be available. However, you can keep tracking Cloud SQL release notes[1] for the major changes to Cloud SQL including version updates.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Blake Acheson

Oct 16, 2019, 10:39:10 AM10/16/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Over a year later and still no update...how can Google Cloud be moving so slow?

Yasser Karout

Oct 16, 2019, 3:28:49 PM10/16/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
You can also use these Issue Tracker links to stay up to date about the releases.