Major Google Cloud SQL issue - SQL Cloud unresponsive

Hugues Alary

Aug 20, 2019, 7:44:28 PM8/20/19
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here at Betabrand, we have been facing a major issue that started occurring around Aug. 7th and is currently happening and taking our application down.

Our Google Cloud SQL suddenly stops responding to connections requests.

It seems to have been reported Aug. 9th on the Google Cloud SQL github account Aug. 8th: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloudsql-proxy/issues/297

Something on google's end is wrong.

We are seeing a lot of Throttling refreshCfg error from Google Cloud SQL Proxy in our logs and many connection error in our application.

Please advise ASAP.

image.png

image.png

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 21, 2019, 6:17:33 PM8/21/19
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hello Hugues,

You are right, something on Google's end was not going as expected, which explains your connectivity issues on 7 August. The issue has been fixed meanwhile. You may check Cloud Status Dashboard for such occurrences any time.

Hugues Alary

Aug 21, 2019, 6:20:38 PM8/21/19
to google-cloud...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

Thank you for the update. There wasn't (and there still isn't) any mention of this issue on the google cloud dashboard. Would you mind pasting a link here mentioning this issue?

Cheers,
-Hugues

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 3:17 PM 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google Cloud SQL discuss <google-cloud...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello Hugues,

You are right, something on Google's end was not going as expected, which explains your connectivity issues on 7 August. The issue has been fixed meanwhile. You may check Cloud Status Dashboard for such occurrences any time.

Will Henry

Jun 10, 2021, 6:13:47 PM6/10/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
This error seems to be back. We started experiencing this on Google Cloud SQL postgresql, on June 4th 20201

yananc

Jun 11, 2021, 5:04:27 PM6/11/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi Will,

The original issue was reported almost 2 years ago, so we are hardly able to conclude you are currently being affected by the same issue. It will be much better if you could provide more information (symptom, error logs, metric abnormalities, etc) to facilitate further investigation. Thank you.

Will Henry

Jun 15, 2021, 3:05:43 AM6/15/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Every time a new instance of our App Engine app spins up (due to automatic scaling), we get the error you see below.  I have included the logs for the boot up sequence of one of our app engine instances:

It seems to have to do with initial connects to our db? (elate-postgresql) Which is our Cloud SQL db

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.05.26 AM.png

goya

Jun 15, 2021, 12:04:42 PM6/15/21
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

It is unlikely that you are being affected by the exact same issue, as the previous issue was fixed almost 3 years ago. You seem to instead be affected by this another situation that is currently being investigated by the Cloud SQL product team. You can receive updated on it by staring this Issue Tracker thread [1].

[1]: https://issuetracker.google.com/190934612