Hanging Cloud SQL 2nd generation instance

Lennert Kuijpers

Jan 20, 2016, 9:49:28 AM1/20/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

I created a 2nd generation SQL instance with 200gb disk space and tried to import a 120gb dump file. After several hours the import seems to be hanging with the disk 93% full.

In the logging I can see the message [Warning] Disk is full writing '/mysql/binlog/mysql-bin.000003' (Errcode: 28 - No space left on device). Waiting for someone to free space...
So I tried to drop the database or some tables but this all fails.

I already created a new 2nd generation SQL instance and successfully imported the dump file but I am stuck with the first one. I cannot delete it because the import is already running more then 24 hours and you cannot do any operations while the import is running.

Any tips on how can I delete this SQL instance?

thanks,
Lennert

Herman Tai

Jan 20, 2016, 10:20:43 AM1/20/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Please email your instance name to clou...@google.com with a reference to your post here.

Lennert Kuijpers

Jan 20, 2016, 10:54:34 AM1/20/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi Herman, I send an email to the provided mail address with a reference to this post but unfortunately I got a reply back that they are unable to help me.

Herman Tai

Jan 20, 2016, 11:23:42 AM1/20/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
It's a canned response. It actually mentioned that it is okay for follow up in forum posts like this one. I got your email and I am looking into it, thanks.

Lennert Kuijpers

Jan 20, 2016, 11:41:05 AM1/20/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
ok perfect, I could delete the instance now. Thank you!

Samuel Woo

May 25, 2017, 10:19:21 PM5/25/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss, hta...@google.com
Hi I am experiencing the same issue with a Cloud SQL instance becoming stuck after the disk space is filled when attempting to perform an import. Who can I contact to get the instance back into a state that allows me to fix the instance?

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

May 26, 2017, 4:14:02 PM5/26/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss, hta...@google.com

Hi Samuel

My understanding is that you already tried to increase the disk space [0][1][2][3] in the instance and you do not have access at all.

Please sent me via a private message your Project ID and your instance name, as well as any error you are receiving.

[0] https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/edit-instance

[1] https://cloud.google.com/sql/faq#storage_limits

[2] https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/diagnose-issues#disk-space

[3] https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/sql/instances/patch