CloudSQL PostgreSQL 9.6 stuck in maintenance

Anthony Kennedy

Jun 29, 2018, 9:01:10 AM6/29/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi All,

We have a PostgreSQL 9.6 instance stuck in maintenance and unresponsive. We initially noticed that the tier for the SQL instance was reporting incorrectly and assumed it was under resourced. An attempt to patch the instance yielded

$ gcloud --project xxxxx sql instances patch yyyyy --tier db-custom-1-3840
ERROR: (gcloud.sql.instances.patch) HTTPError 409: The instance or operation is not in an appropriate state to handle the request.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve the issue?

Many Thanks,

Ant

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Jun 29, 2018, 7:49:46 PM6/29/18
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

It is expected for an instance to be in maintenance state for a short period of time, and usually during maintenance window per this document . But if the instance has been in maintenance state for a while, that would not be expected, and I suggest opening a private issue tracker report for inspection. Opening the report, include your Project ID and instance connection name. I hope this helps