The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option

Blake Acheson

Nov 13, 2017, 9:20:01 AM11/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
I'm getting the following error in my logs almost everyday:
General error: 1290 The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 13, 2017, 4:14:56 PM11/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

It seems that your server might have configured the “--read-only” flag on and some client updates might be failing. You can configure the flags for MySQL Cloud SQL  servers as explained here.

Blake Acheson

Nov 13, 2017, 4:35:35 PM11/13/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Thanks for your reply Carlos. I can confirm with 100% certainty that this is not the case...it's so sporadic it appears to be a bug

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 14, 2017, 3:45:08 PM11/14/17
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Hi Blake,

Thanks for your reply. I think the best path is to open a report in the issue tracker providing the timestamps when this error has appeared.