voterInfo with zipcode only

Vinicius Baggio Fuentes

Sep 29, 2020, 9:08:09 PM9/29/20
to Google Civic Information API
Hello folks,

I am building a sample project that uses the voterInfoQuery API to query for polling location data. So far we've been successful to get data from a few states like Virginia. However, it needs a full address. I was wondering, is it possible to query only with a zipcode? We are a lean team and cannot afford a zipcode to address data table.

Thanks in advance!

Margie Roswell

Sep 29, 2020, 11:58:18 PM9/29/20
to Google Civic Information API
I don't see how it's possible, given that zip codes cross a lot of precincts.

Arjun Talwar

Sep 30, 2020, 11:47:12 PM9/30/20
to Google Civic Information API
Hi Vinicius

US voting information is tied to your specific street address and is therefore a requirement.

Thanks

Vinícius Baggio Fuentes

Sep 30, 2020, 11:48:12 PM9/30/20
to google-civ...@googlegroups.com
Got it, thanks for the response!

Tres White

Oct 20, 2020, 9:57:49 AM10/20/20
to Google Civic Information API

Tres White

Oct 20, 2020, 10:00:20 AM10/20/20
to Google Civic Information API
Good Luck, Vinicius.

Amy Lam

Oct 20, 2020, 1:00:57 PM10/20/20
to google-civ...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinicius - I'm a Civic user working in election tech. It's possible for two folks in the same zip code to have a different Election Day polling place location. So the source of truth for polling places is your full residential address e.g. 123 Main Street, City, State, Zip.

(Also, I believe in some states, you must go to your assigned polling place for your home address as well.)

Hope this helps - good luck,
Amy