Contests Data in voterInfoQuery?

Jordan Sanz

Oct 5, 2020, 2:52:15 PM10/5/20
to Google Civic Information API
Hi there, I was wanting to use this API to get the information about all of the elections happening within a cycle, and the candidates for all of them. This looks like it is in the "contests" section of the result from the API from using the voterInfoQuery function. However, when I do this, I never get a contests result back for any electionId (previously, I could use this with electionId 2000 and get data from 2014, but this is no longer there). Am I doing something wrong? Is this feature still active? Thanks.

Trevor Allred

Oct 5, 2020, 6:57:53 PM10/5/20
to google-civ...@googlegroups.com
The contest data hasn't been delivered yet. Many of us are still hoping it will arrive but there's no ETA for contests as far as I know.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 11:52 AM Jordan Sanz <jordan.t...@dartmouth.edu> wrote:
Hi there, I was wanting to use this API to get the information about all of the elections happening within a cycle, and the candidates for all of them. This looks like it is in the "contests" section of the result from the API from using the voterInfoQuery function. However, when I do this, I never get a contests result back for any electionId (previously, I could use this with electionId 2000 and get data from 2014, but this is no longer there). Am I doing something wrong? Is this feature still active? Thanks.

Jordan Sanz

Oct 5, 2020, 7:00:13 PM10/5/20
to Google Civic Information API
Sure, makes sense. Do we know about the 2000 electionId test data, though? Those contests used to return yesterday, but now they don't seem to be there anymore.