Chromium and Chromium DevTools as a platform

Ehsan Azari

Jul 22, 2020, 6:22:23 AM7/22/20
to Chrome DevTools
Hi all,

Is it possible use Chromium backend and frontend (especially DevTools) to build our own solution?

I'm thinking to a playground that has all DevTools features plus Blockly and an advanced Node editor too and at the moment Chromium DevTools is the best condidate

Kind regards,
Ehsan

PhistucK

Jul 22, 2020, 6:24:25 AM7/22/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Not sure what you mean by "possible".
(If you are really asking whether it is legal, this is not the right group for that - you should consult with a lawyer.)

PhistucK

Ehsan Azari

Jul 22, 2020, 2:40:06 PM7/22/20
to Chrome DevTools
Thank you,
I mainly talk about its technical part
Is there any third-party that uses Chromium as part of their solution?

I want use DevTools in my application and don't know how can I use it?

PhistucK

Jul 22, 2020, 3:02:01 PM7/22/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Not sure how to answer that, not knowing your application, its structure/language/code. I think your question is too vague.

PhistucK

Ehsan Azari

Jul 22, 2020, 7:07:42 PM7/22/20
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I want to use Chromium DevTools as a playground/inspector for A-Frame

https://aframe.io

To use its console and other features to work on WebXR codes/scenes

PhistucK

Jul 23, 2020, 5:06:22 AM7/23/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Do you intend to use Chromium (or Electron) as your application?
Sorry, but it is way too vague to respond appropriately.

PhistucK

Yang Guo

Jul 23, 2020, 10:30:09 AM7/23/20
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi,

Chrome DevTools is open source. The frontend communicates with Chrome (which we consider to be the backend) via the Chrome DevTools protocol. The frontend is a web app based on JS/CSS/HTML. Please feel free to embed it into your project. However, we don't provide support for such use cases.

Good luck and cheers,

Yang