Google Removed Devices - I want them back arghhh

The Christopher

May 24, 2015, 1:08:42 AM5/24/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Why did Google Remove Devices from 43.0, how can I get them back and maybe a few more ? I was so frustrated !

PhistucK

May 24, 2015, 2:33:30 AM5/24/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Irrelevant devices (old, almost no market share) are purged periodically, I guess.
You can always add your own -

PhistucK

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM, The Christopher <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why did Google Remove Devices from 43.0, how can I get them back and maybe a few more ? I was so frustrated !

The Christopher

May 24, 2015, 1:35:50 PM5/24/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Some devices were never added to the device list, which means other devices were equivalent to the devices not listed.  Those devices are now removed one can't say, I'll preview the page in a Galaxy which is equal to a Nokia for example because the Nokia phone is not listed in the device list.

Anyone have the User Strings of up to two back versions of Chrome ?

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 2:33:30 AM UTC-4, PhistucK wrote:
Irrelevant devices (old, almost no market share) are purged periodically, I guess.
You can always add your own -

PhistucK

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM, The Christopher <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why did Google Remove Devices from 43.0, how can I get them back and maybe a few more ? I was so frustrated !

PhistucK

May 24, 2015, 1:51:11 PM5/24/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Use a search engine to find the user agent of past Chrome versions.

If you are looking for devices that already existed in Chrome but were removed, you can follow the history of this file -

PhistucK

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:35 PM, The Christopher <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some devices were never added to the device list, which means other devices were equivalent to the devices not listed.  Those devices are now removed one can't say, I'll preview the page in a Galaxy which is equal to a Nokia for example because the Nokia phone is not listed in the device list.

Anyone have the User Strings of up to two back versions of Chrome ?

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 2:33:30 AM UTC-4, PhistucK wrote:
Irrelevant devices (old, almost no market share) are purged periodically, I guess.
You can always add your own -

PhistucK

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM, The Christopher <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why did Google Remove Devices from 43.0, how can I get them back and maybe a few more ? I was so frustrated !

The Christopher

PhistucK

May 24, 2015, 3:51:11 PM5/24/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Oh, no, it is easy - click on a linked number (for example, 195478), click on "text changed" next to "trunk/Source/devtools/front_end/emulation/OverridesUI.js" (or similar, if the path has changed) and you will see the actual difference.
For the whole list as of that revision, click on "view".

PhistucK

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 9:07 PM, The Christopher <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

The Christopher

The Christopher

PhistucK

May 25, 2015, 12:10:03 AM5/25/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

The Christopher

May 26, 2015, 8:05:01 AM5/26/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I looked though every ticket number as you mentioned to do;

click on "text changed" next to "trunk/Source/devtools/front_end/emulation/OverridesUI.js" (or similar, if the path has changed) and you will see the actual difference.

Very few tickets had /emulation/OverridesUI.js, the ones that did, did not have any of the old devices listed, all that was shown was the new devices in the latest version of Chrome ?

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

Jonathan Garbee

May 26, 2015, 8:07:36 AM5/26/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/GoogleChrome/devtools-device-data

This repo has most of the old info (although could also need updating.) I'm starting on updating this repo next week to align with the current inline devices so both will be in sync together.

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

The Christopher

May 26, 2015, 9:51:38 AM5/26/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that is perfect.  For the user agent I, for example would enter in "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us; SonyEricssonST25i Build/6.0.B.1.564) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1" as a string ? I don't have to include the type, correct ?

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK

PhistucK