Tracking email RESPONDED status using apps script

Darren D'Mello

Feb 6, 2021, 9:17:23 AM2/6/21
to Google Apps Script Community
I wanted to track a email RESPONDED status, is that possible?

The email OPENED status is straightforward by introducing a web beacon 1x1 gif.
How about the tracking whether the email is RESPONDED?

Mario Rossi

Feb 6, 2021, 11:48:49 AM2/6/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Brian Pugh

Feb 6, 2021, 3:54:30 PM2/6/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) is widely used and excellent. Will probably do all you need it to do.

Darren D'Mello

Feb 6, 2021, 8:30:11 PM2/6/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brian,

Mr. Mario Rossi, for your kind information the link shared by you is of no use to me, since I specifically intend to track an email with the RESPONDED status and not OPEN status. I have seen plenty of resources online with explanations of tracking an email Open status but not "responded" status.

Faustino Rodriguez

Feb 7, 2021, 3:18:23 PM2/7/21
to Google Apps Script Community
What is the type of question you want an answer to?
Like for example,
- emails I sent in the last 7 days that have not been responded?
- or emails already responded with how many messages in the conversation, etc?
- or something else?

Darren D'Mello

Feb 7, 2021, 10:06:36 PM2/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fausto.

What I wish is, When A sends an email to B from spreadsheet, the status will be EMAIL_SENT
B when opens the email the status in A 's spreadsheet will be EMAIL_OPENED
When B forwards or he replies to A OR when B forwards to C or B replies A,C then the status in A 's spreadsheet turns as EMAIL_RESPONDED

--
Best,
Darren

Romain Vialard

Feb 8, 2021, 7:38:22 AM2/8/21
to Google Apps Script Community
The only solution is to watch the mailbox of your user (A) and check, when new emails are received, if they are responses to emails sent with your mail merge tool.

This means you need full read access on the user mailbox, and thus you need to pay for a security assessment.

Faustino Rodriguez

Feb 8, 2021, 9:37:50 AM2/8/21
to Google Apps Script Community
I see no other ways than Romain explained
I believe, you can avoid the security assessment if the script that watches for responses is owned by user A (like embedded in the merging spreadsheet)

iBO • App Service

Feb 18, 2021, 4:31:02 PM2/18/21
to Google Apps Script Community