move personal email to google group

cw.park

Nov 20, 2022, 10:22:56 PM11/20/22
to Google Apps Script Community

Hello Everyone,

I need to write a script that my personal email moves them to Google group. Is this possible to do?

Highly appreciate your time

cwl...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2022, 10:24:48 AM11/23/22
to Google Apps Script Community
It is not possible to post to a Group from apps script.

CBMServices Web

Nov 23, 2022, 12:54:37 PM11/23/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Not totally true. To post messages to a google group, what you can do is forward the messages to the group's email address.

cwl...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2022, 9:00:00 AM11/25/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes, I suppose that is true. I'm guessing the sending email address would have to be a member of the Group so it doesn't take it as spam, and there are probably limits on how many emails can be sent over a specific time so it also isn't considered spam. Thanks George.

CBMServices Web

Nov 25, 2022, 1:22:34 PM11/25/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it that also depends on the group policies whether they allow persons to post by email, which emails are allowed to post, etc..