[PROMO] QUERYX allows you to use sql queries in sheets.

Alex

Nov 1, 2019, 3:53:41 AM11/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi!

I'm working on the add-on QUERYX.

QUERYX allows you to use SQL queries in Sheets.

1280x800.png

sample distinct.png

Best, Alex.

Yasir Karam

Nov 1, 2019, 5:47:23 AM11/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Alex

Nov 1, 2019, 6:26:32 AM11/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community

On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 12:47:23 PM UTC+3, Yasir Karam wrote:
What extra features than native GSheet SQL?

Hi!

Thanks for the question!

It's not a pseudo-SQL language like the QUERY. It's a full SQL implementation of a JS SQL Database. You can try the next directives/statements/functions : FROM, UNION, HAVING, DISTINCT, JOIN, TOP, GREATEST etc.

Yasir Karam

Nov 1, 2019, 7:50:22 AM11/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I tried XQuery, its quite easy, with great UI's and good performance, although almost all Google Query featured SQL are there too like joins, tables, indices, ..etc.

BTW, XQuery/XPath which had the same name with XQuery Add-on are also available with G Sheet

Cheers,

Dimu Designs

Nov 1, 2019, 8:12:20 AM11/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
How well does it perform against relatively large data-sets? For example, say you want to do a LEFT JOIN between two 10 column by 10,000 row grids; how long would that take to execute? Would it run into any issues with Apps Script's execution quotas?

Arjun duraisamy

Nov 1, 2019, 9:18:33 AM11/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me whether can we do script for below scenario.

If i give orange as user input ,it should extract  all orange related rows(name,value, description)  please see fig. and paste it in a different sheet ,as am new to script am facing some difficulty.

Thanks and grateful for any suggestions.

On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 3:53:41 AM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
Hi!

I'm working on the add-on QUERYX.

QUERYX allows you to use SQL queries in Sheets.

1280x800.png

sample distinct.png

Best, Alex.

Screenshot_20191101-184130_1.png

Alex

Nov 1, 2019, 10:12:28 AM11/1/19

On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 3:12:20 PM UTC+3, Dimu Designs wrote:
How well does it perform against relatively large data-sets? For example, say you want to do a LEFT JOIN between two 10 column by 10,000 row grids; how long would that take to execute? Would it run into any issues with Apps Script's execution quotas?

Hi!

That is my question now!

It works very fast for relatively small data-sets. For the example the code selects common records from two large tables (10k rows JOIN 7k rows) https://github.com/contributorpw/alasqlgs#example-01

At now I'm using https://github.com/contributorpw/alasqlgs as a library. And I am thinking of moving part of the code or all the code into one project.

Alex

Nov 1, 2019, 10:15:50 AM11/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes, It's simple.

Please create a new theme or write me private he...@contributor.pw. I value this project at $20-50 net.

Arjun duraisamy

Nov 1, 2019, 12:13:34 PM11/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex for your response..I will try and update..