Use SendAs for the Notify during the Create user

Eric Bokankowitz

Nov 29, 2022, 2:14:11 PM11/29/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
gam create user teste...@somedomain.com firstname Test lastname email notify end...@usershomeemail.com subject "Test, Welcome to the Organization" ghtml admin@ somedomain.com  <docID> password random 10 changepasswordatnextlogin org /NewUser

I'm looking to change the sending email that the end-user gets notified from instead of the email that authorized GAM

I've appended (sendas help...@somedomain.com name "Organization Helpdesk" default) this without the parentheses to the above command but have been unsuccessful.

I can create and notify with the gam create user command but would like a different email to notify.

Thanks
Eric

Our Core Values
  • Contribute to an accepting, safe environment
  • Foster positive relationships
  • Promote social-emotional growth
  • Challenge academic and personal excellence
  • Embrace innovative practices

West Boylston Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender identity, religion, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.

Ross Scroggs

Nov 29, 2022, 2:47:27 PM11/29/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Erik,

There is no option for this, I'll add one.

Ross

Ross Scroggs

Nov 29, 2022, 4:04:37 PM11/29/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

This is available in 6.29.07.

Add this to the command: from help...@somedomain.com

Ross

Eric Bokankowitz

Nov 30, 2022, 2:21:36 PM11/30/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Awesome, as always.
Thanks.
Can I put in another feature request? From a group email?

Ross Scroggs

Nov 30, 2022, 2:33:04 PM11/30/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation and we'll explore how to send from a group email address.

Ross