Sheets Data?

Jason Komendat

Jan 26, 2022, 2:12:53 PM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Is there any way of exporting data from a Google sheet to a CSV?

Looking to automate a task and need the data to end up in a CSV

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 2:44:28 PM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

This will download the first tab in a sheet.
gam user us...@domain.com get drivefile <FileID> format csv

This will download s specific tab in a set.
gam user us...@domain.com get drivefile <FileID> gsheet <SheetName>
gam user us...@domain.com get drivefile <FileID> gsheet id:<Number>

Ross

On Jan 26, 2022, at 11:12 AM, Jason Komendat <jkom...@crschools.us> wrote:

Is there any way of exporting data from a Google sheet to a CSV?

Looking to automate a task and need the data to end up in a CSV

Jason Komendat

Jan 26, 2022, 3:11:13 PM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Yea this worked but I guess the soruce what I thought was a sheet was a doc so it exports as an unreadable .ods file.

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 3:41:38 PM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

gam user us...@domain.com get drivefile <FileID> format txt

James SEYMOUR

Jun 7, 2022, 3:41:04 AM6/7/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

You may also want to look at using format pdf to download the Doc and preserve the formatting. Other formats are listed on this Wiki page https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Users-Drive-Files-Manage#download-files

Regards

James Seymour
Head of Systems and Communication
[t] +673.24.11.000  Ext 1203
[Time Zone] GMT +8 Hours

  I'm using Inbox When Ready to protect my focus.

Jerudong International School
https://www.jerudonginternationalschool.com
Follow us on:
http://www.facebook.com/jisbruneidarussalam http://www.twitter.com/jisbrunei http://www.instagram.com/jisbrunei https://www.youtube.com/user/JISBrunei https://www.flickr.com/photos/133960569@N03/albums