Transfer ownership of one file

Zafar Shaikh

Nov 30, 2022, 5:59:48 AM11/30/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Team,

We want to transfer ownership of 1 drive file using GAM. we request you provide GAM command for the same.

Regards,
Zafar

Joseph Grimes (From GAT Labs)

Nov 30, 2022, 7:15:43 AM11/30/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zafar,

Try this,

gam user <userThatHasTheFileEmailAddressGoesHere> update drivefileacl <fileIDGoesHere> <emailAddressOfUserYouWantToBeTheOwner> role owner

Might be worth noting that some user on your domain must have editor permissions to that file.

Kind regards,

Joe Grimes
GAT Labs Ltd
a:
12 Hume St, Dublin 2, D02 XN44, Ireland
w:gatlabs.com e: sa...@generalaudittool.com

GAT has introduced many new features, for a quick overview of the many things you can now do check out our video tutorials from our Youtube channel

Zafar Shaikh

Nov 30, 2022, 7:26:46 AM11/30/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for the information. It worked
Profile Photo
Zafar Shaikh
Work Modernization Analyst

Searce Logo

We identify better ways of doing things
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Searce is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

Joseph Grimes (From GAT Labs)

Nov 30, 2022, 7:37:37 AM11/30/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
No problem,