Chrome Device - Extension Reporting

Joseph Recendez

Jan 12, 2022, 11:39:34 AM1/12/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Simple Question,

I was able to pull a very detailed list of installed extensions and permissions following this guide.

Does GAM or GAMADV-XTD3 have support for this?  I was able to pull information for the following headers.

id
name
num_permissions
num_installed
num_disabled
num_forced
permissions
installed

We use GAM for a lot so if there is native support for this I would love to know about it.

Ross Scroggs

Jan 12, 2022, 11:28:52 PM1/12/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Recendez

Jan 13, 2022, 10:36:52 AM1/13/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this looks fantastic. Still not into the office yet going to try and work on this this morning. I noticed when I was running the script that I linked earlier. It was only bringing back Windows devices. Which makes sense if I'm reporting on Chrome managed browsers. Do we happen to know if there is the same ability to do for Chrome OS devices AKA Chromebooks? Thanks again for always responding. Your insights are very helpful.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/AC5CDC03-1FEA-45AF-AB94-5EA627978167%40gmail.com.

Ross Scroggs

Jan 13, 2022, 11:46:16 AM1/13/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Joseph,

I've updated the script to allow more flexible list splitting.
I'll have to look into the Chromebook issue.

Kim Nilsson

Jan 17, 2022, 5:53:44 AM1/17/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
afaik, the entire API is for non-ChromeOS.
Chrome Browser only.

Kim Nilsson

Jan 17, 2022, 5:57:13 AM1/17/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
script failed for me

$ python3 ./BrowserExtensions.py BrowserInfo.csv ExtensionsInfo.csv
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./BrowserExtensions.py", line 177, in <module>
    ComputeExtensionsList(json.loads(r['JSON']))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/json/__init__.py", line 357, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/json/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: line 1 column 896 (char 895)

 $ python3 -V
Python 3.8.10

python to old?

Kim Nilsson

Jan 24, 2022, 10:43:05 AM1/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Fixed after a script update, and change of one setting.

FIX_DOUBLE_SLASH_QUOTE = True # Set to true if you get json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: