Error 403 trying to delete file that is shared with users from outside domain

Gary Wertman

Jan 26, 2022, 2:21:50 PM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi, all.
I am trying to remove a malicious file that was recently shared with some users in my domain from an outside account. When trying to delete the file I receive the following:
<HttpError 403 when requesting https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2/files/1p8Q2HW6U_xYdHgDWY2uBWPIXJUA8EpSN/trash?supportsAllDrives=true&alt=json returned "Insufficient permissions for this file". Details: "[{'domain': 'global', 'reason': 'forbidden', 'message': 'Insufficient permissions for this file', 'locationType': 'other', 'location': 'file.permissions'}]">

Is GAM capable of removing files under "shared with me"?

Thanks!

-Gary

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 2:30:05 PM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Gary,

You can't delete a file owned by someone outside of your domain.

Kim Nilsson

Jan 28, 2022, 4:04:59 AM1/28/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Ross,

the individual user can elect to "delete = remove" the file from their Shared with me view.
Is that something gam can do?

The file is still shared with them, of course, but it's now no longer visible in Shared with me.

Gary Wertman

Feb 1, 2022, 3:48:07 PM2/1/22
to GAM for Google Workspace

That would be a fantastic feature, Ross!