gcloud datastore export

alex

Mar 6, 2018, 4:47:07 AM3/6/18
to Google App Engine
Is there any way how to convert files generated by

   gcloud datastore export

to human readable format (fx csv or json)?

I tried -format, but it is used for formatting command response (logically)

tx,
alex

Ani Hatzis

Mar 6, 2018, 10:46:11 AM3/6/18
to Google App Engine

You could load the Cloud Datastore export files that you have stored in Cloud Storage directly into BigQuery.

You can do this manually or automate it. Yesterday I learned about this shell script that someone has done.

Once the data is in BigQuery, you can not only do the usual queries or Data Studio reporting etc., but also export the data, see Exporting Table Data (web user-interface, command-line, or API).

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 6, 2018, 11:36:03 AM3/6/18
to Google App Engine
You may consider the Cloud Datastore to Cloud Storage Text feature, in beta stage, a template implemented as a batch pipeline. It allows you to choose a GQL query that specifies which entities to grab. For example, SELECT * FROM MyKind.