Broken: Deployment using service accounts

Pyang djo

Sep 20, 2016, 1:26:34 PM9/20/16
to Google App Engine
Is anyone experiencing deployment issues with node.js + Service-Account deployment ?

I am using node js with flexible environment and setup a service account.
Permissions given are 'owner and editor' given to service-account email address.
But I am unable to deploy using service account. App deploys fine if I use gmail id instead of service account.

Thank you,

Minhaj Ibne Hossain

May 17, 2019, 11:09:37 PM5/17/19
to Google App Engine

George (Cloud Platform Support)

May 18, 2019, 2:37:59 PM5/18/19
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
If you refer to the "Predefined App Engine roles" sub-chapter of the "Access Control" online document, you'll notice that only the App Engine Deployer role has "Write access only to deploy and create a new version". Other roles, such as viewer, or code viewer,  have just read-only access. In other words, you need to assign the the App Engine Deployer role to your service account, to enable deployment. You need to enable App Engine API as well.