ImportError: No module named googleads

Mark Anthony Gutierrez

Mar 11, 2018, 1:58:57 PM3/11/18
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I have a django project and want to deploy it on Google App Engine(GAE).

I followed all this link for the tutorial:

When I finished deploying, and go to my project URL, it got an error and when I look on the Error Reporting in Google Cloud Platform
It says "ImportError: No module named googleads", but I already installed it on my local before I uploaded it.

Please help!

Thanks!

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 11, 2018, 3:28:23 PM3/11/18
to Google App Engine
Make sure you are doing the 'pip install -r requirements.txt' as shown in the documentation in a fresh virtualenv. Also make sure that you didn't already install this library outside of the virtualenv as this may cause conflicting versions of the package when the virtualenv is created which would result in this error (aka never install packages globally).

- Note that Google Groups is for general product discussions and not for technical support. It is recommended to continue all further investigations in your Stack Overflow post. You might also want to report this to the Google engineers working on this tutorial in their Issue Tracker if the above does not resolve the issue.