"Instance Unavailable"

Marc Dugger

Jul 14, 2017, 8:33:30 AM7/14/17
to Google App Engine

Several tasks are failing to complete because of "Instance Unavailable". While I've seen this before, it has become a daily occurrence in the past week.

Can anyone explain why this happens and how I can prevent it?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 7.26.21 AM.png

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 14, 2017, 9:57:59 AM7/14/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Marc,

It is not so out-of-common for tasks in the task queue to fail for various reason. This happens, and there are detailed documentation how to deal with this situation and devise a strategy, namely on the "Retrying Failed Tasks" page

You can set retry parameters as detailed on that documentation page:

<retry-parameters>

<task-retry-limit>7</task-retry-limit>

<task-age-limit>2d</task-age-limit>

</retry-parameters>

Marc Dugger

Aug 8, 2017, 5:16:39 PM8/8/17
to Google App Engine
George,

Thanks for the reply. I already have retry parameters set for that particular queue:

...and I'm unsure how adjusting the above parameters would help alleviate "Instance Unavailable".