Requesting an Immediate Mail API Quota Increase for Halloween

Kaan Soral

Oct 17, 2016, 4:07:20 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
I just noticed that the default "Recipients Emailed" limit is 100, It's a shock as I just managed to complete a Halloween email for a game I've been working on

It's a small/hobby game, I just need to email 700 people, but I'm already late, as a lot of work has been done for Halloween, without an announcement, that work is ~wasted
(At inception, I've spent a lot of time setting up a Google Apps account (the new version), integrated it to App Engine, paying monthly bills, just to send emails ..)

I mean, come on, 100 Default Mail's is so low, for a billing enabled app, at least make it 1000 on default :(

Anyway, I've already sent a quota increase request, the app id is "twodimensionalgame" / http://adventure.land - Putting this here hoping that someone would see it and maybe accelerate the process, assuming it's even possible (I really don't like making a request like this, but given the time constraint, I'm desperate)

While building something, it's hard to keep the morale up, and roadblocks like these are really demotivating, I'm torn right now

Joshua Smith

Oct 17, 2016, 4:34:32 PM10/17/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
If you just want to send an announcement out, there are other ways to do that. With just 700 to send, you could just do it from gmail in a few bulk sends. Or you could import the list to mailchimp or one of the other mailing list services.

Kaan Soral

Oct 17, 2016, 5:31:19 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
The Gmail/Bulk thing seems like a nice idea to pass the day, I don't favor mailchimp, both solutions are highly demotivational tho, for a programmer to send bulk emails manually ...

Looked into Amazon SES's authentication routine, I might go through with that

Going to wait a day first tho, Hoping to get a fast reply, Wish I checked the quotas earlier, I remember default quotas being higher, at 100, even a busy day of signups could deplete it easily

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 17, 2016, 5:51:58 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
As of March we no longer accept mail quota increase requests. For the original groups post see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/p3tma8eFCM4.

Email quotas documentation:

Kaan Soral

Oct 17, 2016, 6:27:11 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks for the swift reply, I truly do appreciate it, I was intending to send the emails in 16 hours, now I probably have enough time to set up Amazon SES