Reg:Server Mirrior

Turiya Ventures

Feb 13, 2018, 8:59:56 AM2/13/18
to Google App Engine
HI,
  I have created VM Instance in GCP Compute engine. Now am want to create mirror server from zone based like Australia,Singapore,India. Kindly guide with me.

Dinesh (Google Platform Support)

Feb 13, 2018, 2:26:56 PM2/13/18
to Google App Engine

Hello Turiya,

From Mirror server, I understand you want to create another server (VM instance) with similar specifications in different zones. Please let me know if my understanding is correct or if you meant something else.

  1. You may want to create a snapshot of your VM instance disk and used that snapshot to create another instance in the different zone. Please follow this document [1] for the detailed steps.

  2. Alternatively, you can use “Clone” option from cloud console GUI to create clone instance and select different zone while creating.

Please confirm if this resolves your query?

[1]: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/create-snapshots#creating_snapshots