gcloud beta app deploy copying files despite gcloudignore

Hisaoki Nishida

May 9, 2019, 11:00:44 PM5/9/19
to Google App Engine
I have a node_modules folder which I want completely ignored.
The folder is listed in app.yaml and I know it is being ignored because it skips uploading them.
However it still copies them, I don't know why it needs to do that.
The node_modules folder contains 20000 files and gcloud takes a 3 minutes to process them!
(It lists all of them if I do gcloud beta app deploy --verbosity="debug")
Is there any way I can tell it to completely ignore it?

Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)

May 13, 2019, 4:36:14 PM5/13/19
to Google App Engine
Hi Hisaoki,

We need to investigate this issue further and probably reproduce it on our end, and for that reason, I suggest to post this issue on our Public Issue Tracker page and provide us with the REDACTED output of gcloud beta app deploy --verbosity="debug" command, as this can help us with the investigation.