Cloud Tasks UI no longer accessible from python2.7 standard?

Will Reiher

Oct 8, 2020, 1:02:56 PM10/8/20
to Google App Engine
When to check on my queues this morning only to find that I had to enable the API. I've been using the Cloud Tasks UI for a while now. I'm nervous that if I enable the API my existing queues will be reset or something.

My app doesn't seem to be complaining - I rely heavily on the taskqueue so I'm a bit worried about what could happen.

Will Reiher

Oct 8, 2020, 1:39:44 PM10/8/20
to Google App Engine
I took the plunge and "enabled" the API on my legacy app. For anyone facing the same dilemma it didn't have any negative effects and my queues were all present and pending tasks were still queued up. I still had to use the button from App Engine to see them though.