support for brotli

pdknsk

Sep 6, 2016, 6:17:46 AM9/6/16
to Google App Engine
As of Chrome 50 and Firefox 44, brotli is supported for HTTPS.

Unfortunately it cannot be used on App Engine.

It's a good opportunity to tackle the bug, I think.

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 9, 2016, 1:32:52 PM9/9/16
to Google App Engine
Hey pdknsk,

It appears that the issue linked remains unresolved, and so the behaviour for gzipping responses as reported is not clarified to the point that we can act on it. If you would like to make an addition to the thread as it is, feel free to reply to it. In the meantime, it would be worth filing this as a feature request to support brotli compression on GAE. You can do that in the Public Issue Tracker. Inasmuch as these issues are connected, it would be good to link them explicitly in your feature request post. Once that's made, feel free to post back here and I can get a head-start at looking at it, although of course we aim to respond in a timely fashion to all Public Issue Tracker posts, as we monitor the forum daily.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

pdknsk

Sep 16, 2016, 11:04:59 PM9/16/16
to Google App Engine

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 19, 2016, 10:47:44 AM9/19/16
to Google App Engine
Hey pdknsk,

Good to see that it's been acknowledged. We'll likely update it shortly with a tracking number corresponding to our work on the Feature Request. Feel free to follow updates and continue to post any further questions there.