Any GAE Profiler for Flask

NP

Jan 12, 2020, 5:12:48 PM1/12/20
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Is there any GAE profiler for Flask?

I've seen https://github.com/passy/flask-gae-mini-profiler but it is now depecrated and doesn't work (at least, I couldn't get it to work; possible I'm missing something)

I've also seen https://github.com/muatik/flask-profiler which is for Flask but not specifically for GAE. I've tried it and had to do some hacks (e.g. to enable sqlite) to get it to work but it still misses a few things which are specific to GAE

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 13, 2020, 10:55:31 AM1/13/20
to Google App Engine
You may also check flask_profiler 1.8.1. , or nylas/nylas-perftools

This discussion group is oriented more towards general opinions, trends, and issues of general nature touching App Engine and Cloud SQL. For coding and programming architecture generally, or choosing a profiler for Flask, you may be better served in dedicated forums such as stackoverflow, where experienced programmers are within reach and ready to help.

Alex Martelli

Jan 13, 2020, 11:33:00 AM1/13/20
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Stackoverflow discourages asking questions such as "what is the best X for purpose Y?". I fear that "what is the best profiler for Flask on GAE?" matches this discouraged pattern, which might lead to downvotes etc.

I think it's critical that before we suggest a question be moved to Stackoverflow we make 100% certain that it does not risk conflicting with the site's guidelines. In this case, the guideline might be...:
"""
To prevent your question from being flagged and possibly removed, avoid asking subjective questions where …
every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
"""
quoting from https://stackoverflow.com/help/dont-ask , the key resource about questions NOT to ask on Stackoverflow (that help page's content should ideally be committed to memory:-).

Alex

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 7:55 AM 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine <google-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
You may also check flask_profiler 1.8.1. , or nylas/nylas-perftools

This discussion group is oriented more towards general opinions, trends, and issues of general nature touching App Engine and Cloud SQL. For coding and programming architecture generally, or choosing a profiler for Flask, you may be better served in dedicated forums such as stackoverflow, where experienced programmers are within reach and ready to help.

NP

Jan 13, 2020, 1:13:19 PM1/13/20
to Google App Engine
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I asked the question here because Google had an 'officially' documented profiler for WebApp so I was simply wondering if they had one for Flask. I looked at it from the POV of asking if a feature existed (I wasn't asking how to implement it or coding techniques). Also, an announcement was made on this forum (by Google) about the other profilers that I mentioned (see - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-appengine/uw6Ro2hLkMk/discussion)