SSL certificate all subdomain on GAE

Huy Nguyen

Sep 17, 2016, 12:09:13 AM9/17/16
to Google App Engine
Dear GAE support,

I want add new custom ssl domain for my project in GAE,
I added domain, then i add ssl certificate but not success. Message alert as image attacked,

 You must verify ownership of this certificate's domain(s)in order to upload it

Ssl certificates namecheap for *.my_domain.com
Although webmaster tool added website property for my_domain.com and custom.my_domain.com

what happens ?
alert.png

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 18, 2016, 7:52:32 PM9/18/16
to Google App Engine
Please see step 3 in the documentation regarding verifying your domain, particularly:
  1. Supply the domain name ("example.com") and click Verify. This opens up a new tab titled Webmaster Central.
  2. Follow the directions provided by the Webmaster Central tab, then click Verify.

Huy Nguyen

Sep 18, 2016, 10:55:56 PM9/18/16
to Google App Engine
Hi Adam,

At first time, i added sub.my_domain.com to custom domain complete (Using Webmaster tool Central).
Then i want add ssl certificate for this but incapability..

I just add a sub domain name and do not want root domain to custom domain. I have to add root domain ???

Huy,
alert-1.png

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 20, 2016, 1:19:19 PM9/20/16
to Google App Engine
As the message states, you must verify ownership of the certificate's domain (not a subdomain) in order to upload it.