RE: Create a Storage transfer job

Nimesh Chaturvedi

Nov 28, 2018, 9:57:31 AM11/28/18
to Google App Engine

We have got an access to storage on x...@googlegroups.com of the Google group. We have read access to that group and we have added 2 more users to the same group with owner access. Those 2 users can copy and resync files between 2 buckets, but while setting up the transfer we are getting an attached issue.

Issue: To complete this transfer, you need the 'storage.buckets.setIamPolicy' permission for the source bucket. Ask the bucket's administrator to grant you the required permission and try again.
bfq.png

Jun (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 28, 2018, 10:06:23 PM11/28/18
to Google App Engine
Hello Nimesh,

You mentioned that you have read access to that group (I believe you mean you have read access to the storage on x...@googlegroups.com of the Google group), then how can you add 2 more users to the same group with owner access to the storage bucket (please correct me if anything I understand is incorrect)? The error message clearly shows that you'll need the 'storage.buckets.setIamPolicy' permission for the source bucket, do you follow the instructions to try to ask the bucket's administrator to grant you the required permission and try again to see if the issue resolved?

Nimesh Chaturvedi

Nov 29, 2018, 3:21:54 AM11/29/18
to Google App Engine
Hi Jun,

Thanks for a quick revert.

Google had given us the access of our DCM account data which is stored in their bucket. We were trying to transfer that data from their bucket to our bucket, please note, we can resync and copy from their bucket to our bucket, but don't know why we can't set up a transfer job.

Please check in a screenshot, we have 2 owners and I am using Analytics one.

Thanks again :)

Google Groups.jpg

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 30, 2018, 10:43:10 PM11/30/18
to Google App Engine
Hi Nimesh,

My assumption is that you have owner role in the Google Group while your Google Group must be the Owner or Editor of the project that manages the data transfer. You may double check the steps you have taken via this How-to-Guides.