How to connect Firebase Database from GOogle App engine

140 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

hr lumiins

necitită,
11 ian. 2019, 12:07:3211.01.2019
– Google App Engine
HI,
want to connect  Firebase real database from google app engine.  How do it ? Do you have sample or any documents

George (Cloud Platform Support)

necitită,
11 ian. 2019, 14:31:3011.01.2019
– Google App Engine
It all depends on what you want to accomplish, exactly. You may have a look at "Using Firebase for Real-time Events on App Engine", or "Integrate with Google Cloud Platform".  To get familiar with the subject, you may check Google Cloud Training offerings, such as: Using Firestore with Cloud IoT Core for Device Configuration, Firebase Web, or Firebase SDK for Cloud Functions.

Linus Larsen

necitită,
13 ian. 2019, 18:12:0813.01.2019
– Google App Engine
It was pretty straight forward for me until I had to create the actual database where there was an error saying in order to create a new database I have to create a new project. Probably because my existing appengine standard project already using cloud datastore. I guess thats fine, however I need to replace my existing GCM integration with FCM because of the deprecation of GCM in April. Do I really need a new project for that? I dont need a new database (or project), I just need messaging to work after 11th of April. Am I missing something?

George (Cloud Platform Support)

necitită,
14 ian. 2019, 09:20:0014.01.2019
– Google App Engine
Hi Linus,

You are indeed missing the fact that one can't as yet use Datastore and Firestore in the same project, one needs to choose at the start which functionality and features suit one's project better. The way you migrate from Cloud Messaging to FCM seems a separate issue. You may find related details, and an FAQ list on the "GCM and FCM Frequently Asked Questions" documentation page

Linus Larsen

necitită,
14 ian. 2019, 09:44:1814.01.2019
– Google App Engine
So basically what you are telling me is there is no way for me to get FCM messaging working with my existing app engine project that I have been running
for more or less 4 years now?

I tried the Firebase Admin SDK for java, but I cannot initialise the library since I need a database name, I cannot create a Firebase database since I use Cloud Datastore.....

Creating a new Project, migrate all my services, payment info....etc, is a bit overkill just to get push notifications to my mobile clients to continue work as expected.

Linus Larsen

necitită,
16 ian. 2019, 02:51:2916.01.2019
– Google App Engine
Ok, I think I got it now. With an app engine project using Cloud Datastore there is no way to create a firestore database, e.g the new firebase database. However
it's possible to create the old firebase database (aka real time database). Very confusing.

Cristian (Google Cloud Platform Support)

necitită,
18 ian. 2019, 11:10:3918.01.2019
– Google App Engine
If you find any documentation confusing or not clear enough, you could click the “Send feedback” link located at the top right corner of most documentation pages for the Documentation team to take note and bring further improvements to these pages.
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi