Decline requests to the one GAE instance to use for them a other GAE instance

44 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Aleksander Efremov

necitită,
29 iun. 2018, 09:00:3029.06.2018
– Google App Engine
I use "Node.js" standard.
Sometimes I need refresh "express.js" configuration. For it I should stop to accept a new requests, then wait while will resolved current requests and whether to restart the "express.js" or call "exit" GAE instance.
How I can to notify the GAE manager that a new requests impossible to process still on this GAE instance?

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

necitită,
2 iul. 2018, 10:47:0102.07.2018
– Google App Engine
It is not recommended to change the code that is currently running on a single App Engine instance. Since App Engine scales its instances of your application, that single instance may turn down due to low traffic, and you would lose any changes persisted on that instance. Likewise, new instances created due to higher traffic will not posses the change you made (since it was only local to that single instance). Additionally you cannot control which instance a request will run on.

It is therefore recommended to directly deploy a new App Engine version with your code change, and then migrate your traffic to the new version. This way no requests will be made to your new version until you deploy it and/or migrate traffic to it (as deploying may actually migrate traffic for you automatically). Once deployed, all requests will now see your configuration change and run on the new code.

- Note that Google Groups is reserved for general discussions. If you require technical support for performing the above it is recommended to post your detailed questions to Stack Exchange using the supported Cloud tags.

Aleksander Efremov

necitită,
3 iul. 2018, 01:17:5003.07.2018
– Google App Engine