Where can I find files?

Autotransfer.jetzt

Oct 28, 2017, 12:26:44 PM10/28/17
to Google App Engine
Hi, I'm not a developer. I have a Google Cloud account. I hired a company who created a Django site for me on GAE in my account. The site is partly finished and I have tested it. It points to an external IP. My question is this: where do I find the code and files of that site? The buckets in my account are all empty and I have not found any files anywhere. Many thanks.

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Oct 29, 2017, 2:20:30 PM10/29/17
to Google App Engine
You can check if your developer uploaded a repository on Google Cloud Source Repositories by going to your Dashboard/Console > Menu > Tools > Source Repositories or Source code. If not, here are other possible locations for your file:

1- Your developer's local machine
2- GIT / SVN repositories like GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, Google Cloud Repositories

Even if you were able to find the files, you would still need to know which branch and which commit was deployed from these repos. Your best option is to ask the person / company who created your site.

Autotransfer.jetzt

Oct 30, 2017, 1:58:35 AM10/30/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for this. I have asked the company several times but they are not telling me.

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Oct 30, 2017, 12:42:52 PM10/30/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
With the help of a developer, you can also follow this documentation on how to Download Your Source Code by running:

appcfg.py -A [YOUR_PROJECT_ID] -V [YOUR_VERSION_ID] download_app [OUTPUT_DIR]

Please note that only authenticated users who deployed the version of the app and users with project Owner role have privileges to download the files. You can check if you have the required permission by going to your Console / Dashboard > IAM & admin > IAM.
Message has been deleted