Cannot generate endpoint discovery docs using endpointscfg

Larry Schiefer

May 2, 2019, 12:13:38 PM5/2/19
to Google App Engine
The endpointscfg.py utility is no longer working due to the backing Google webapis-discovery service not being available.  This prevents the creation of endpoint discovery documents as well as client libraries.  This has been logged in the issue tracker, but has not received any attention yet:

The utility will always fail with a traceback like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/endpointscfg.py", line 133, in <module>
    run_file(__file__, globals())
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/endpointscfg.py", line 129, in run_file
    execfile(_PATHS.script_file(script_name), globals_)
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/endpointscfg.py", line 561, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/endpointscfg.py", line 557, in main
    args.callback(args)
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/endpointscfg.py", line 426, in _GetClientLibCallback
    hostname=args.hostname, application_path=args.application)
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/endpointscfg.py", line 390, in _GetClientLib
    discovery_doc = _FetchDiscoveryDoc(config, 'rest')
  File "/Users/larrys/tools/google-cloud-sdk/platform/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/endpointscfg.py", line 277, in _FetchDiscoveryDoc
    raise ServerRequestException(error)
__main__.ServerRequestException: HTTP 404 (Not Found) error when communicating with URL: https://webapis-discovery.appspot.com/_ah/api/discovery/v1/apis/generate/rest. Response: <html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head>
<h1>Error: Not Found</h1>

jaskaran singh

May 6, 2019, 9:07:16 AM5/6/19
to Google App Engine

jaskaran singh

May 6, 2019, 9:07:16 AM5/6/19
to Google App Engine
I am facing this same issue :( Help me

Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)

May 7, 2019, 7:03:59 PM5/7/19
to Google App Engine
Hi Larry,

We will look into the issue reported on Issue Tracker, and further updates communication will be shared on that page.

Larry Schiefer

May 8, 2019, 9:11:42 AM5/8/19
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Great, thank you!

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM 'Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine <google-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Larry,

We will look into the issue reported on Issue Tracker, and further updates communication will be shared on that page.

Jaskaran Singh

Jaskaran Singh

Jul 1, 2019, 3:04:04 PM7/1/19
to Google App Engine
Hi @Larry Schiefer

did you find any solution for this?

Please let me know i am facing this issue please.

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 6:41:42 PM UTC+5:30, Larry Schiefer wrote:
Great, thank you!

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM 'Aref Amiri (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine <google-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Larry,

We will look into the issue reported on Issue Tracker, and further updates communication will be shared on that page.

____
Larry Schiefer

Nicolas (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 1, 2019, 4:22:40 PM7/1/19
to Google App Engine

Hi,

I can see that you already asked your question on the issue tracker thread, this would be one of the right channel to obtain an answer to a technical question as the groups here is more intended towards general opinions, trends, and issues of general nature touching Cloud Endpoints.

Another good channel would be StackOverflow where you find a large community of enthusiasts and experts that you can get support from. Please make sure to include all relevant details and error messages which would help the community troubleshoot.

Larry Schiefer

Jul 1, 2019, 7:14:33 PM7/1/19
to Google App Engine
Yes, I was able to resolve the issue in our setup.  We use pip to manage our python libraries local to the tree.  We had to update the required version of the endpoints library in our requirements.txt file to point to the latest version, then use endpointcfg from that package rather than the one from the SDK.  The instructions (while not obvious) were added in one of the comments back from the GAE team in the issue linked above:

Good luck!

Jaskaran Singh

Jul 1, 2019, 11:54:27 PM7/1/19
to Google App Engine
I did this
cd lib
sudo rm -rf endpoints* google_endpoints* urllib3* requests*

cd ..
sudo pip --no-cache-dir install -t lib google-endpoints urllib3 requests

install  successfully

sudo chmod 777 lib/endpoints/endpointscfg.py

sudo python lib/endpoints/endpointscfg.py get_client_lib java -bs gradle src.service.mobile_api.MobileApi

sudo python lib/endpoints/endpointscfg.py get_client_lib java -bs gradle

src.service.mobile_api.MobileApi
WARNING:root:Could not find either the Cloud SDK or the App Engine Python SDK.
If you encounter errors, please make sure that the SDK binary path is in your
PATH environment variable or that the ENDPOINTS_GAE_SDK variable points to a
valid SDK root.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/endpoints/endpointscfg.py", line 27, in <module>
    import _endpointscfg_setup  # pylint: disable=unused-import
  File "/var/www/html/salesmanagement/SalesManagement/lib/endpoints/_endpointscfg_setup.py", line 107, in <module>
    _SetupPaths()
  File "/var/www/html/salesmanagement/SalesManagement/lib/endpoints/_endpointscfg_setup.py", line 103, in _SetupPaths
    from google.appengine.ext import vendor
ImportError: No module named appengine.ext

Jaskaran Singh

Jul 2, 2019, 12:10:52 AM7/2/19
to Google App Engine
Dear @Larry Schiefer  please help me