GAE Search API example does not compile with line Utils.indexADocument(INDEX, document)

suresh paulraj

Feb 2, 2018, 9:01:38 AM2/2/18
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I'm running into local Eclipse compilation issue with a particular class "Utils.indexADocument(INDEX, document)" from GCP documented example https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/java-docs-samples/blob/master/appengine-java8/search/src/main/java/com/example/appengine/search/IndexServlet.java

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] C:\dev\gcpworkspace\flexibleprj\src\main\java\com\example\appengine\search\IndexServlet.java:[62,7] cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable Utils
  location: class com.example.appengine.search.IndexServlet
[INFO] 1 error

Java version "1.8.0_151"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

Can someone help!

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Feb 2, 2018, 12:59:44 PM2/2/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

After a quick search, I found this StackOverflow thread about 'Cannot find symbol' error which discusses in detail how this error is related to the identifiers.

It seems that your actual issue is related to debugging your application. For further assistance I would recommend posting a question to StackOverflow which we also monitor, as this falls outside the scope of the issue tracker which is intended for issue reports and feature request. Check out our community support page for the list of tags we monitor.