Deploying to GAE is down for me, is it down for everyone?

Luis Pinche

Aug 9, 2017, 8:35:56 PM8/9/17
to Google App Engine
I cannot deploy to GAE from the Eclipse Plugin, it gives an HTTP 400 error, describing the error as "invalid scope".

More error details:

400. That’s an error.

Error: invalid_scope

A native application: Google Plugin for Eclipse

You can email the developer of this application at: xx...@google.com

Some requested scopes cannot be shown: [https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/plus.me, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo#email, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/projecthosting, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.scripts, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/sqlservice, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/appengine.admin]

Request Details

That’s all we know.

Note: I replaced some details with XXX

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Aug 9, 2017, 10:43:39 PM8/9/17
to Google App Engine
Make sure you are using the right scope URL. When you run the scope URL to your browser, it should return a string.

Example:

For the following, however, it returns an error:

You can cross-reference the valid OAuth 2.0 Scopes for Google APIs on this article. Per this doc, Item #1.6 should be "../userinfo.email" and not "../userinfo#email".

Luis Pinche

Aug 10, 2017, 9:02:22 AM8/10/17
to Google App Engine
but how can I change this, this is not code that's part of my app, its the OAUTH window that appears when you let eclipse access your google account to be able to deploy

Brian de Alwis

Aug 10, 2017, 10:30:55 AM8/10/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
A deprecated OAuth scope (I think was dealing with code.google.com), was removed.  But support for this scope was removed years ago from GPE.  I suspect that your OAuth refresh token may still carry the scope?  Can you try logging out and log back in?

Brian.

Brian de Alwis

Aug 10, 2017, 11:30:54 AM8/10/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Luis, the suspicion is that you must be running an old version of GPE: when we try to simulate the issue, GPE discards the stale OAuth data and forces us to login again.

Could you try updating to the latest version by following the installation instructions at:

Luis Pinche

Aug 10, 2017, 5:48:05 PM8/10/17
to Google App Engine
Will update to eclipse neon and latest google plugin.

Website says GPE is deprecated, is the GWT plugin the now supported plugin for app engine?

Brian de Alwis

Aug 11, 2017, 7:41:37 AM8/11/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
GPE had been succeeded by 2 different plugins: the Google-sponsored Cloud Tools for Eclipse (CT4E), and the Sencha-backed GWT Plugin for Eclipse. The GWT Plugin works with other providers other than App Engine.

There are some migration docs for moving from GPE to CT4E and the GWT Plugin (https://cloud.google.com/eclipse/docs/migrating-gpe).

If you're using Datanucleus (long since deprecated with App Engine and Datastore), the migration path is harder, unfortunately. One route that is reported to work requires converting your project to Maven and use the Datanucleus maven plugins. If anybody has had success using the Datanucleus-provided Eclipse plugin, please do share!

Brian.