GAE Taskqueue Delay

Rene Marty

Oct 17, 2016, 7:34:28 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,

today we started experiencing the same delay that happened on December last year:

Anybody has problems with taskqueue today?

The taskqueues requests doesn't start at ETA, the delay is between 1 minute and 5 minutes, and when the taskqueue is fullfilled, the running stopped.  We had to put all my developers team running the task manually in the console to solve the problem...

Rene Marty

Oct 17, 2016, 7:39:51 PM10/17/16
to Google App Engine
Although I have the taskqueues with this config:
rate: 1/s
the tasksqueues are being flushed at 1/minute (once a minute).

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 18, 2016, 10:35:33 AM10/18/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Rene,

Usually, issues like this should be posted to the Public Issue Tracker. Nonetheless I'll be happy to assist you from this thread. I have some questions to help clarify what's going on here:

1. Are you observing higher latency on the request handler which the task queue sends its task requests to?
2. What is the name of the task queue?
3. What is the project ID?

Feel free to email me this information directly at pay...@google.com if you're concerned about your information security and privacy.

Thanks for your report, and I hope to be able to assist further once that information is available.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 26, 2016, 12:41:58 PM10/26/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Rene,

This is just a follow-up message to my last one. We've taken note of the information you provided us and it's helping us to track down any potential causes. Did you manage to create a Public Issue Tracker thread? Is this still occurring?

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Rene Marty

Nov 9, 2016, 5:12:20 PM11/9/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

last week we started using the taskqueue again in a small group of restaurant. It worked fine until today morning.  Now the taskqueue is again with problem and the request doest start at the ETA, we have to manually run from the console.

The application with taskqueues errors is “toteatdev" in case you want to check.

In the main app, “toteatglobal", we have experienced a lot of Deadline errors todays early morning (from 01:00 to 07:00 GMT -3) but it’s weird because at that time our restaurants are closed…

If you can investigate we will thank you,

Rene Marty