www. and http:// are two different websites

bryan talaban

May 8, 2018, 11:43:40 AM5/8/18
to Google App Engine
Hello, I am trying to configure our website and currently, we have two versions of it:

1. Old website (v1) which uses http:// (without www.)
2. New Website (v2) which uses http://www.

I am a beginner at this and im scared to delete records in my admin profile because we really need the website to work but if by mistake, I delete a vital record, it is hard for me to fix things because I am not knowledgeable with Google Cloud. Here is the record page:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wovf2tIPsSY/WvD4COk-_mI/AAAAAAAAAAo/t79uCzaz6os5TW8HPMdVJL-EHHZFecN2ACLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-08%2Bat%2B8.32.36%2BAM.png

David Skinner

May 8, 2018, 4:49:57 PM5/8/18
to Google App Engine
This may help.
https://support.dnsimple.com/articles/differences-between-a-cname-alias-url/

There is:
I think that you will have to delete the A and the AAAA records and replace them with a CNAME record that matches www.pointblue.ph. Or you could change the A and AAAA records to old.pointblue.ph so that you can still access the site. This will only work if c.storage.googleapis.com is set to handle any thing from the pointblue.ph and not restricted to the www.pointblue.ph subdomain.  Note that those records are currently set to timeout after one hour so you may have to wait a while for DNS changes to propagate. Also if the 216.239.32.21 server is providing additional services on other ports, like SQL or something, this will break it.

As an alternative, you might replace the /index.html on 216.239.32.21 with a redirect to www.pointblue.ph.

Please be careful. I hope nothing breaks. No warranty.