Cant upload Java Application - No name matching appengine.google.com found

Divya B

Oct 13, 2016, 6:23:59 AM10/13/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I'm using Java GAE, suddenly today I cant able to upload my application using "appcfg.cmd   update \war" command.

I'm getting "CertificateException: No name matching appengine.google.com found" error.

I have also tried to upload the app after deleting .appcfg_oauth2_tokens_java file but not luck. Please advise.

Error Trace:
Oct 13, 2016 3:44:21 PM com.google.appengine.tools.info.RemoteVersionFactory getVersion
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching appengine.google.com found
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.info.RemoteVersionFactory.getVersion(RemoteVersionFactory.java:76)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.info.UpdateCheck.getApplicationVersionInfo(UpdateCheck.java:153)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.info.UpdateCheck.maybePrintNagScreen(UpdateCheck.java:361)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:188)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:127)
        at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:123)
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching appengine.google.com found
        at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.matchDNS(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.match(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)
        ... 20 more

Reading application configuration data...
Oct 13, 2016 3:44:22 PM com.google.apphosting.utils.config.IndexesXmlReader readConfigXml
INFO: Successfully processed C:\Bala\Phonegap\svn\branches\GAE\serverNotification\war\WEB-INF\appengine-generated\datastore-indexes-auto.xml

Beginning interaction for module default...

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching appengine.google.com found
Unable to update app: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No name matching appengine.google.com found
Please see the logs [C:\Users\CHITTA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\appcfg3857449247097391609.log] for further information.

Alex (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 14, 2016, 6:02:37 PM10/14/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,

It does seem to be an issue related to your server’s certificate being unable to match your host name. By any chance, would you be using a proxy?

Alternatively, you can test if it works through another network.

Alex (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 24, 2016, 10:13:07 AM10/24/16
to Google App Engine
This issue has now closed due to inactivity. In future please be sure to reply promptly to all requests for information so that we can proceed with work on any issues. Feel free to open a new thread linking to this one if you would like to continue or if anybody reading in the future sees a similar issue.