What does X-Google-Apps-Metadata: domain=gmail mean?

Joshua Fox

Mar 31, 2019, 5:22:21 AM3/31/19
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
With my  GAE Standard Environment application, I see these  headers attached to many HTTP requests.

Also, a X-Google-Apps-Metadata header is attached, with value starting domain=gmail.com

My  application has nothing to do with gmail.

What does  X-AppEngine-Default-Namespace mean?

--

JOSHUA FOX
Director, Software Architecture | Freightos

T (Israel): +972-545691165 | T (US):  +1-3123400953
Smooth shipping.

yka...@google.com

Apr 9, 2019, 1:35:45 PM4/9/19
to Google App Engine
Hello Joshua,

From doing some internal research:

1- X-AppEngine-Default-Namespace is the default namespace used by the Namespace API. It is only used for domain-restricted authentication. If your app is available to all gmail.com users, then it should be gmail.com unless a custom domain is specified.

2- X-Google-Apps-Metadata is used by the Users API to specify a Google Apps domain. For normal Google login, it is set to gmail.com.

Joshua Fox

Apr 10, 2019, 4:14:34 AM4/10/19
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I do not use Namespace API, Users API, or Google-provided Authentication.

So if I understand correctly, GAE adds these  headers "just in case", but they are irrelevant to me.

Nicolas (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 11, 2019, 3:01:14 PM4/11/19
to Google App Engine
Hi Joshua,

I couldn't find any documentation supporting this, but I think you are rightand those headers are used by Google App Engine by default.

On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 4:14:34 AM UTC-4, Joshua Fox wrote:
I do not use Namespace API, Users API, or Google-provided Authentication.

So if I understand correctly, GAE adds these  headers "just in case", but they are irrelevant to me.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 8:35 PM ykarout via Google App Engine <google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello Joshua,

From doing some internal research: