how does the suggestqueries api work?

pantagruel

Feb 28, 2017, 3:58:39 AM2/28/17
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi

Someone told me that the suggestqueries.google.com api works based on what users actually type, that is to say if you are using suggestqueries with a partnerid and you send a query that has never been sent before then you won't get anything back no matter what is indexed because nobody has sent that text before, whereas if you send a text like say "hello" and someone has sent "hello world" before you will get back "hello world" as a possible suggestion - which makes sense I guess although is totally different than the way any other autosuggest api I have ever seen works.

So - is it true that the suggested queries works that way?

Thanks