Running golang compiled binary on QNX

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk)

Jan 30, 2018, 4:44:42 PM1/30/18
to golang-nuts
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody managed to get golang compiled binary to run on 32-bit QNX?

I compiled it with GOARCH=386 GOOS=linux go build -o blah

But when I start it in QNX I get core dump. I double check and the time of executable matches type of native qnx binaries. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you
Serguei

sca...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2019, 2:50:37 PM9/9/19
to golang-nuts
It's been at least 18 months since this question was asked. Has anything changed?

Adrian Petrescu

Sep 9, 2019, 10:30:06 PM9/9/19
to sca...@gmail.com, golang-nuts

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 4:44:42 PM UTC-5, sbez…@cisco.com wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody managed to get golang compiled binary to run on 32-bit QNX?

I compiled it with GOARCH=386 GOOS=linux go build -o blah

I might be missing some context here, but why would you expect a binary compiled for Linux to run unaided on QNX? They’re two completely different operating systems.

This issue seems to confirm that there’s no special compatibility layer that would allow this to work.

– Adrian

sca...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2019, 9:18:38 AM9/11/19
to golang-nuts
Right. I could have my question better. The real question is whether there is any hope of QNX support in go. It's no surprise that a GOARCH=386 GOOS=linux binary would not work.

Ian Lance Taylor

Sep 11, 2019, 9:57:51 AM9/11/19
to sca...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:18 AM <sca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. I could have my question better. The real question is whether there is any hope of QNX support in go. It's no surprise that a GOARCH=386 GOOS=linux binary would not work.

I don't see anything that would make it impossible to port Go to
support QNX. So in that sense there is hope.

But to the best of my knowledge nobody is working on a QNX port and
nobody has ever expressed any interest in working on one. It would
not be a simple job.

Ian

Wojciech S. Czarnecki

Sep 12, 2019, 1:18:28 PM9/12/19
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 05:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
sca...@gmail.com wrote:

> Right. I could have my question better.

> The real question is whether there is any hope of QNX support in go.

If you work for a company that pays a few million bucks yearly for qnx licenses
AFAIK BlackBerry will be happy to do the Go port for your employer.

Hope this helps,

--
Wojciech S. Czarnecki
<< ^oo^ >> OHIR-RIPE